Stronger

Stronger

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

To Be Loved



“For God so loved the world that he gave his only and unique Son, so that everyone who trusts in him may have eternal life, instead of being utterly destroyed. 
~Yochanan (Jhn) 3:16 CJB

The ultimate kind of love. As believers we read this, we memorize it, but done truly believe in His love for us? 

We live defeated and hopeless. We look in the mirror and say negative and hurtful things about ourselves. We see people walk by and think or say those same types of things. We claim to love God but do we?

Love is...
"not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs."
1 Corinthians (1 Co) 13:5 (CJB)

I read a meme awhile back that rely hit home and it made me sit back and evaluate myself. Was I claiming to love God yet hate people? Generally I am not a hateful person but I found myself feeling those stirrings of anger and resentment towards a few people who had hurt me or hurt people I loved. It is not a good place to be. Even if they hurt me or those I love I need to forgive them and give that anger and resentment to God.

Easier said than done! Oh, but it is worth it! Life is so much more beautiful when we love and allow ourselves to be loved. It is peaceful and filled with kindness and grace.

Will you let go of hate today and live God's love out?






This post is part of Five Minute Friday's



No comments: