Stronger

Stronger

Friday, August 24, 2018

Flashback Friday: Stormy Day (May 3, 2013)






A storm is brewing,

I feel it in my bones.

I am trying to hold on to sanity,

Trying to hold on to You.

I see it coming,

A dust storm miles long.

I stand, hoping to be strong.

It hits me,

feels like a thousand bullets riddling my body.

But still I stand,

Staggering a bit, unsure if I will make it.

The winds began to howl,

I want to run and hide,

But I have cowered to long in darkness.

Please help me stand.

The world is frigid, my body trembles,

Although warmth from Your light fills my heart,

I am afraid the inimical winds will snuff it out

before I find shelter.

I cry out, inside

Can you hear me?

I find it hard to utter the words

that form within my heart.

Dirt fills my lungs,

I can only cough.

But I stand for one more day,

My head may hang low,

My shoulders may sag,

My legs may wobble,

But I will stand.

Negativity can spew it’s hatred,

Storms can come and try to break me,

I may bend but I will not be broken!

Even in my darkest hour

I will shine.

Today the storm may come.

Tomorrow the Son will shine.

Crissy Johnson 

May 3, 2013

No comments: