Stronger

Stronger

Monday, August 27, 2018

The Lord Is My Portion





Through the Lord ’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” 
~Lamentations 3:22‭-‬24 NKJV



How many times have you been in a spot when you feel like you are being consumed by sadness, anxiety, or worry? I have been thinking about this very thing and realized that all three have consumed me more than once because I have allowed my focus to shift. Instead of being on God and His mercies and faithfulness I look at the problem. I focus so hard on it that everything around me fades away. All the goodness, love, and hope seems so far away when I focus on the problem.


The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It  is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the Lord . ~Lamentations 3:25‭-‬26 NKJV


When I shift my focus back to God and seek His truth and guidance the problem seems smaller. It may not go away but now there is hope that I will overcome it.


Let him sit alone and keep silent, Because God has laid it on him; ~Lamentations 3:28 NKJV


Remember those times our Messiah went to be alone to pray. There are times we need to leave the chaos and find a spot that is quiet. We need to sit in His presence. Cry out to Him and listen for His voice. In those quiet moments as we breathe and calm our hearts we will gain insight into what God wants us to do. It is in those quiet moments that we find rest and peace. How much rest and peace do we find when we focus on the problem? None!


Saturday night as I opened my bible and let fall where it may - it opened these passages from Lamentations. I wondered why at first then realized that I had been in a state of darkness and sadness. A place where I felt alone and was trying to climb out alone. I didn't think God wanted to hear my lament, my pain, my worries, and my cries. Then I read this chapter of Lamentations and realized I was allowing the enemy to cloud my mind and keep me from communicating with my Father.


I called on Your name, O Lord , From the lowest pit. You have heard my voice: “Do not hide Your ear From my sighing, from my cry for help.” You drew near on the day I called on You, And said, “Do not fear!” O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul; You have redeemed my life.
~Lamentations 3:55‭-‬58 NKJV



When you are feeling out of sorts and wondering if God wants to hear your cries for help - He does!! Find your quiet place and sit with Him, talk to Him, and soak in His Presence.
❤🙏 Love  Crissy 🤓

1 comment:

Wendy L. Macdonald said...

Thank you, dear Crissy, for reminding us to run into the open arms of the Father. I'm glad He wants to know everything that's troubling us.
Blessings ~ Wendy Mac