Stronger

Stronger

Friday, August 24, 2018

He is the Way Maker



For about two weeks now I have been listening to a song, in English and Spanish, over and over. There are times I find a song that speaks so deeply to my heart that I wake up singing it in the morning, literally, it will be playing in my head and I will sing it out loud.

"Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness, My God, that is who You are."

It is such a beautiful reminder of who God is and what He does for us. I know many people deal with depression as I do and that makes it hard to see all these amazing attributes of God sometimes. We have to look a little harder and walk in faith even when we can't see His hand at work.


"Even when I don't see it, You're working. Even when I don't feel it, You're working. You never stop, You never stop working. You never stop, You never stop working."

Even those days when things seem the darkest and there is no way out of that hole you feel like you are in, He is working. He is working to show us His love. He is working to bring us out of the darkness we just have to set our eyes on the Light.


There was a man sent from God whose name was Yochanan. He came to be a testimony, to bear witness concerning the light; so that through him, everyone might put his trust in God and be faithful to him. He himself was not that light; no, he came to bear witness concerning the light. This was the true light, which gives light to everyone entering the world.
Yochanan (John) 1:6‭-‬9 CJB


The Light, our Messiah, that is who we need to focus on. Look to Him for guidance and how to deal with the world. He prayed. He followed the Father's commands. He loved. He lived a life void of sin. Of course we are not going to live a life completely void of sin, we are only human afterall, but we can avoid as much of that sin as possible. When we allow certain things on our lives by our choices that is when the darkness gets thicker and way out more obscure.

He forgave. He was kind. He was gentle. He was honest. He was bold. He was willing to speak the truth even when it caused Him to be unpopular and took Him to His death.

Can we be this way with others and with ourselves? While we are in our "pit" of our own choice or due to circumstances beyond our control, can we focus on the Light? Can we believe these words....


"Way Maker, Miracle Worker, Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness, My God, that is who You are."

"Even when I don't see it, You're working. Even when I don't feel it, You're working. You never stop, You never stop working. You never stop, You never stop working."



Way Maker

No comments: