Stronger

Stronger

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sing a Song {Day 28: Song}



Music has always been a big part of my life. when I was in 3rd or 4th grade I had this little white boom box with a strap. I would take it to school and walk around the playground jamming Bon Jovi or something like that. Every day after school I would go straight to my room put on a cassette and read a book or do homework. At night I would put my boom box on my bed with a stack of cassettes to listen to, so I could fall asleep.

I love all the old hymn book we sing out of during church service. There is something about those old songs sung accapella with a group of people. It puts me in the presence of God! Every summer that I went camping with my uncle, aunt, and cousin we would sing out of our devotional folders around the camp fire. It was such a perfect setting to sing praises to the Lord. 

I have so many favorite songs. So many that hold meaning for me and take me back to different moments in my life. Some happy and some sad. Some bring back memories of old friends, birthday parties, summer time in the country, school, late night phone calls with friends, sitting at the table writing letters, family gatherings, and cruising around town. 

Memories of music from elementary. I was a 80"s hair band, rock, metal girl. I love guitar! 
Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
You and me and my old friends
Hoping it would never end
Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
Holdin' on, we got to try
Holdin' on to never say goodbye

My favorite hymn: This always reminds me to pray and that I am never alone...He walks with me.
I come to the garden alone While the dew is still on the roses And the voice I hear, falling on my ear The Son of God discloses And He walks with me And He talks with me And He tells me I am His own And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known


This song reminds me of riding around with my husband delivering the newspapers.
I got a pocket, Got a pocketful of sunshine I've got a love and I know that it's all mine Oh, oh, oh Do what you want, But you're never gonna break me, Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me Oh, oh, oh



No comments: